Do you produce video content online?
One way that you can maximise the potential of your content is through the use of captions and subtitles. This seemingly small detail packs many benefits, from improving accessibility for people who are deaf or hard of hearing to improving the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on your content.
After recognising the benefits of adding captions and subtitles, let’s take a look at how we can upload them on Vimeo.
Uploading captions/subtitles on Vimeo
- Upload video.
- Click ‘Edit settings’.
- Click ‘Distribution’ on the left side panel.
- Click ‘Subtitles’.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon beside ‘Subtitles and captions’.
- Select language and type (captions/subtitles), followed by ‘Choose file’.
- Select the file with the subtitles/captions for your video.
- Toggle the switch on the file.
- Click ‘Save’ and the uploading of captions/subtitles is complete. To view the captions/subtitles, simply click the CC button on the bottom right of the video screen and enable CC.
- Your video will look like this:
Now that you know how to upload captions and subtitles on Vimeo, you can start enjoying the benefits of this feature.
Based in Singapore with a skilled team of captioners well-versed in English (including Singlish!) and Mandarin Chinese, CaptionCube has an in-depth understanding of local contexts and regional accents.
We provide accurate and quality services in captioning (live and post-production), subtitling, transcription and translation across media, education and government sectors.
Our caption and subtitle files can be delivered in various formats such as SRT, WebVTT and XIF, which are fully compatible with major video hosting platforms.
Get in touch with our team at email@example.com to find out more about our services and how you can benefit from captioning your content.