Do you produce video content online?
One way that you can maximise the potential of your content is through the use of captions and subtitles. This seemingly small detail packs many benefits, from improving accessibility for people who are deaf or hard of hearing to improving the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on your content.
After recognising the benefits of adding captions and subtitles, let’s take a look at how we can upload them on Facebook.
Uploading captions/subtitles on Facebook
- Upload video.
- Click ‘Subtitles & Captions (CC)’ on the right side panel.
- Click ‘Upload’.
- Select the file with the captions/subtitles for your video (File name must be in the format: filename.en_US.srt).
- Click ‘Review and Edit’ if you want to make necessary adjustments to the text and timing of the captions.
- Click ‘Publish’ and you now have a video with captions/subtitles. To view the captions/subtitles, simply click ‘Settings’ on the bottom right of the video screen, followed by turning on ‘Captions’.
- Your video will look like this:
Now that you know how to upload captions and subtitles on these platforms, you can start enjoying the benefits of this feature.
Based in Singapore with a skilled team of captioners well-versed in English (including Singlish!) and Mandarin Chinese, CaptionCube has an in-depth understanding of local contexts and regional accents.
We provide accurate and quality services in captioning (live and post-production), subtitling, transcription and translation across media, education and government sectors.
Our caption and subtitle files can be delivered in various formats such as SRT, WebVTT and XIF, which are fully compatible with major video hosting platforms.
Get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our services and how you can benefit from captioning your content.