What are Captions?
Captions (sometimes also known as intra-language or same language subtitles) are time-synchronised transcripts that are usually superimposed on the bottom of videos. Captions simultaneously present the spoken content in a visual form. The text allows viewers to continue being engaged even if the audio may not be clear, such as in public places where it can be inconvenient to have the volume turned on or where the setting can be noisy.
Be on the forefront to:
- Enhance viewer engagement and online learning experience
- Improve viewer recall, retention and comprehension
- Make your videos more discoverable and accessible with improved Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Expand the size of your reachable audience
- Provide access for deaf/ hard of hearing persons and mature population with hearing loss
- Build and promote inclusiveness